Love these CM!
The Making of the above CM
Inoue Mao 井上真央
She was a popular U-15 idol from 1999; she was well known for her role as Imai Akane in the drama Kids War. Since the age of five she had parts in several dramas, but it wasn’t until the debut of Kids War in 1999 that Japanese audiences took notice of Inoue. In 2005, she was cast as the star of Hana Yori Dango on TBS. Inoue played Makino Tsukushi in the live-action adaptation of the manga and anime, a lower middle-class girl who is trying to survive unnoticed in an elite high school full of playboys and rich snobs. A sequel to the 2005 drama, Hana Yori Dango 2, was aired in the winter 2007 season.
At 19, Inoue was enrolled in Meiji University, studying theater and literature, with her second major is Chinese. In 2006 she co-starred in the movie Check It Out, Yo! with Ichihara Hayato, Hiraoka Yuta, and Emoto Tasuku. The film was in theaters April 22, 2006. Inoue also co-starred in the summer 2007 drama First Kiss with “Check It Out, Yo!” co-star Hiraoka.
After the success of the two Hana Yori Dango dramas, a film was announced in August 2007, just months after the end of the 2007 sequel. It will be Inoue’s first starring role in a movie, which is to be called Hana Yori Dango Final. Hana Yori Dango Final was a successful movie, opening in Beijing on June 28, 2008 in China to packed crowds and is expected to gross 10 billion yen.
In March 2009, Inoue graduated from Meiji University. “My Darling is a Foreigner” is scheduled for release in Spring 2010 starring opposite Jonathan Sherr.
Birthplace: Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Star sign: Capricorn
Blood type: O
Family: Older brother
Talent agency: Seventh Avenue
* Tengoku de Kimi ni Aetara (TBS, 2009)
* Karei naru Spy (NTV, 2009, ep1)
* Anmitsu Hime 2 (Fuji TV, 2009)
* Anmitsu Hime (Fuji TV, 2008)
* Hanaikusa (Fuji TV, 2007)
* First Kiss (Fuji TV, 2007)
* Osama no Shinzo (NTV, 2007)
* Hana Yori Dango 2 (TBS, 2007)
* Hotaru no Haka (NTV, 2005)
* Hana Yori Dango (TBS, 2005)
* Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 3 (Fuji TV, 2005)
* Home Drama (TBS, 2004)
* Kin no tamago (TBS, 1997)
* Gakkou ga abunai (TBS, 1992)
* My Darling is a Foreigner (2010)
* Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu (2009)
* Hana Yori Dango Final (2008)
* Kaidan (2007)
* Gegege no Kitaro (2007)
* Check It Out, Yo! (2006)
* KAGOME (2007)
* Dralion (2006)
* Kateikyoushi no Try (2006)
* Mizuho Bank (2006)
* 16th Hashida Rookie of the Year Award for Hana Yori Dango 2 (2008)
* Japanese U-20 Scholar Idol Ranking 2007: Placed #6
* 10th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Jan-Mar 07): Best Actress for Hana Yori Dango 2
* 47th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actress for Hana Yori Dango (2005)
* Hobbies and skills: Basketball, badminton, Japanese dance, music, and oil painting
* Started her acting career at the age of 5
* She’s currently studying at Meiji University’s Faculty of Literature as a theater major and is also taking Chinese as her second language elective at the university.
* Interest: Driving, Watching soccer games
* Favorite foods: bean milk, salty snacks, nattou, ice-cream
* Favorite actor: Kimura Takuya (SMAP)
This CM is so funny, I thought she would say some chinese!
I thought they said “Happy Birthday to You” until I saw the logo at the end.
The making of the above CM
The thing I love about Inoue Mao is she’s smart (graduated from Meiji University), beautiful, and she can act! One of her best work is Hana Yori Dango!
My next Inoue Mao Movie is going to be My Darling is a Foreigner
She is current in Thailand filming for her next movie Taiheiyou no kiseki ~Fox to yobareta otoko~ scheduled for a February 2011 release. She did not get the lead role, but to be playing along side veteran actors, ain’t bad!
Join Mao Inoue Forum for more Inoue Mao discussions and news.